Alexis grew up on Chicago’s North Shore in a loving family that was also home to Garrett Paschen Ltd., a nationally-recognized interior design firm run by her mother, Christine Garrett Paschen. Her childhood memories included the smell of wallpaper samples, Saturday mornings watching ‘Style with Elsa Klensch,' and long days exploring Chicago’s Merchandise Mart.
After college in Colorado, Alexis returned to work for storied fabric design firm, Lee Jofa, in the firm’s Merchandise Mart showroom in downtown Chicago. She worked at the historic English manufacturer selling and sourcing traditional and contemporary fabrics, wallpaper, furniture, lighting and rugs.
Alexis’s education also includes studying at the New York School of Interior Design (NYSID), an internationally-recognized design school with a particular focus on residential interiors.
Since moving to Madison with her husband Dan, a Madison native, Alexis has been inspired by the city’s wide range of home styles, natural beauty, thriving arts community and the cultural engagement of a top university.
Alexis has experience in many aspects of residential interior design ranging from custom home design, global sourcing, retail showroom partnerships and antique acquisition.
Some of the firms where Alexis proudly worked, include:
- Lee Jofa, a historic English manufacturer or both traditional and contemporary fabrics, wallpaper, furniture, lighting and rugs.
- ABC Carpet & Home in Manhattan. Alexis worked in the buying department of the firm's Manhattan offices while attending NYSID.
- HW Home offering custom residential design services
- The Golden Triangle, a Chicago showroom which uniquely incorporates antiques from Southeast Asia, Eastern and Western Europe in all types of homes.
- Garrett Paschen, Ltd where she worked to design custom interiors in the city and North Shore of Chicago, Dallas, Montana, Colorado, Los Angeles and Hawaii.
See the work.
Good design tells your story. It speaks to what engages you; what calms you; what inspires you. Alexis aspires to help her clients find joy in the spaces they live, work and love.
Alexis partners with some of the most talented, respected and highly-vetted local craftsmen to ensure quality in your most precious place - your home
- Space planning
- Paint color and wall covering consultation
- Renovation project management
- Purchasing punch list
- Kitchen and bath design
- Custom furniture design and production
- Antique acquisition and incorporation
- Furniture, finish, fixture selections and specifications
- Art and accessory selection, framing and placement
- Staging to-do lists for home sellers
...tremendous designer and collaborator.
“After Collaborating for over the past ten years, Alexis Blake has proved to be a tremendous designer and collaborator. Bridging her Northern European design aesthetic with the influence of Chicago architecture, her well-honed eye easily influences space. Her ability to see range of color is one to be envied, and without a doubt can tackle a wide spectrum of projects. ”
—Philip Chavez, Jr., Creative Director, CAI Designs
...exceeds the ordinary!
“Alexis and I have had the opportunity to indulge in cross-collaborative projects for over 15 years. Her knowledge far exceeds the ordinary, when it comes to art and design. She's a brilliant scholar who can also bring her vision to life within the promised time frame and budget. The most exceptional part of working with Alexis, is the brainstorming process in which she instantaneously perceives and understands the clients needs and begins thinking outside of the box to pair new concepts to the creative process.”
— Nicole, Co-Founder of Align Lifestyle Management